Kids @ the Library
Library News & Events
Winter Storytime 2016
All Story Time programs are free and registration is not required.
If you would like to bring a group of 5 or more children to a story time, please call the library in advance (no need to call in advance for Special Event Saturdays). Children under the age of eleven must always be supervised by an adult, in all areas of the library. A parent or adult caregiver of children under age eleven must remain in the library while school age children are attending
Wednesdays, 9:30 am & 11:00 am
Birth through Age 3
This program is a great way for caregivers to introduce toddlers to language, literature and the Library through stories, songs and rhymes.
- January 6
- January 13
- January 20
- January 27
- February 3
- February 10
- February 17
- February 24
Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 9:30 am & 11:00 am
Ages 3 through 5
Pre-school Story Time gives children and their caregivers the opportunity to enjoy books, songs, puppets, fingerplays, and a simple craft project.
Day & Night, Night & Day
- January 5/6 - Good Morning!
- January 12/13 - How I Spend the Day
- January 19/20 - Daytime Animals
- January 26/27 - Wonderful Days
- February 2/3 - Good Night!
- February 9/10 - Pajama Party!
- February 16/17 - Nighttime Animals
- February 23/24 - Sweet Dreams
Tuesdays, 4:30 pm
These fun-filled programs feature stories, songs, activities and crafts. Children of all abilities are welcome!
Adults are not required to attend school-age programs; however, an adult must stay with children who are 7 years old and under at all times while in the Library.
Daytime Sunshine, Nighttime Moonlight
- January 5 - In the Sunshine
- January 12 - In the Moonlight
- January 19 - Midnight in the Library
- January 26 - Daytime Fun Time
- February 2 - Nocturnal Creatures
- February 9 - Daytime Dreamers
- February 16 - Story Time Under the Stars
- February 23 - Just Go to Bed (Pajama Party)
Wednesdays, 4:30 pm
Children's Auditorium & Craft Area
- January 6 - Star Wars Origami
- January 20 - Crafty Tween Program
- February 3 - Mythomania
- February 17 - Candy Science
Thursdays, 4:30 pm
This story time presents children's books in English and Spanish, along with songs, rhymes and a simple craft project. Spanish Story Time is excellent for families who speak Spanish as their first language as well as for children who are learning English or Spanish as a second language.
Good Morning & Good Night
- January 7 - Hello Sunshine
- January 14 - Heat & Light
- January 21 - Backwards Day!
- January 28 - Me and My Shadow
- February 4 - Up in the Clouds
- February 11 - Good Night Moonlight
- February 18 - Moon & Stars