Kids @ the Library
Library News & Events
Fall Storytime 2015
All Story Time programs are free and registration is not required.
If you would like to bring a group of 5 or more children to a story time, please call the library in advance (no need to call in advance for Special Event Saturdays). Children under the age of eleven must always be supervised by an adult, in all areas of the library. A parent or adult caregiver of children under age eleven must remain in the library while school age children are attending
Wednesdays, 9:30 am & 11:00 am
Birth through Age 3
This program is a great way for caregivers to introduce toddlers to language, literature and the Library through stories, songs and rhymes.
- September 9
- September 16
- September 23
- September 30
- October 7
- October 14
- October 21
- October 28
- November 4
- November 11
Tuesdays, 4:30 pm
These fun-filled programs feature stories, songs, activities and crafts. Children of all abilities are welcome!
Adults are not required to attend school-age programs; however, an adult must stay with children who are 7 years old and under at all times while in the Library.
Fall into Story Time!
- September 8 - Fall Into a Story
- September 15 - An Apple a Day
- September 22 - Hibernation Station
- September 29 - Those Darn Squirrels!
- October 6 - Harvest Time
- October 13 - Whooo's There?
- October 20 - The Pumpkin Patch
- October 27 - Frightful Fall Stories
- November 3 - We've Gone Batty
- November 10 - Turkey Time ... Well, Almost
Wednesdays, 4:30 pm
Children's Auditorium & Craft Area
- September 16 - Let's Code It
- October 7 - Harry Potter Party
- October 21 - Urban Legends
- November 4 - Blank Canvas
Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 9:30 am & 11:00 am
Ages 3 through 5
Pre-school Story Time gives children and their caregivers the opportunity to enjoy books, songs, puppets, fingerplays, and a simple craft project.
Fall into Fun!
- September 8/9 - Dance of the Seasons
- September 15/16 - A Is for Apples
- September 22/23 - Going Nutty!
- September 29/30 - Fall Fairs & Festivals
- October 6/7 - Jumping in the Leaves!
- October 13/14 - Fall Is our Favorite
- October 20/21 - Squash and Pumpkins and Gourds, Oh My!
- October 27/28 - Not-Too-Creepies and Crawlies
- November 3/4 - I Am Thankful!
- November 10/11 - H Is for Hibernation
Thursdays, 4:00 pm
This story time presents children's books in English and Spanish, along with songs, rhymes and a simple craft project. Spanish Story Time is excellent for families who speak Spanish as their first language as well as for children who are learning English or Spanish as a second language.
It's Fall, Y'all!
- September 10 - Colorful Fall Season
- September 17 - Barnyard Madness
- September 24 - Easy as Apple Pie
- October 1 - Oh Nuts!
- October 8 - Owl About Me
- October 15 - Caught in the Web
- October 22 - Octo-bear Fun
- October 29 - Night Creatures
- November 5 - Library closed.
- November 12 - Gobble, Gobble