The Springdale Public Library purchases, organizes and monitors a number premium online resources that are not availalble on the Internet. Library patrons have access to these resources through the Library's public computers and from home with their library cards.
Several databases listed here are made available through the Arkansas Traveler project. This project is made possible by a grant from U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services to the Arkansas State Library under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act. Additional state funds are provided by the Arkansas Department of Education.
- ABI/INFORM Complete (ProQuest)
- This database features thousands of full-text journals, dissertations, working papers, key business and economics periodicals such as the Economist, country-and industry-focused reports, and downloadable data. Its international coverage gives researchers a complete picture of companies and business trends around the world. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Accounting & Tax (ProQuest)
- This is the quintessential accountant's database. It brings together highly ranked global and scholarly journals with key resources for locating quick and precise results covering current news and topics, as well as the trends and history influencing important accounting and tax issues of the day. Arkansas Traveler database.
- African American Heritage (ProQuest)
- African American Heritage is a groundbreaking digital resource exclusively devoted to African American family history research. This collection was created in partnership with leading African American genealogists and recognized leaders in genealogical information to develop a comprehensive mix of resources, records, and tools specifically pertaining to African Americans. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Agricola (ProQuest)
- This bibliographic database, produced by the National Agricultural Library, consists of worldwide literature citations for journal articles, monographs, proceedings, theses, patents, translations, audiovisual materials, computer software, and technical reports pertaining to all aspects of agriculture and related fields. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Ancestry.com Library Edition (in-library access)
- Delivers billions of records in census data, vital records, directories, photos, and more.
- ARBA Online (in-library and home access)
- American Reference Books Annual provides in-depth, authoritative reviews. Username: springdalepl2 Password: library
- Arkansas Driver Education (in-library and home access)
- Arkansas-specific information and practice tests for cars, motorcycles, and the commercial driver's license (CDL).
- Asian Business & Reference (ProQuest)
- This database focuses on business and financial news from the eastern hemisphere. It covers Asian business and financial information from key international publications. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Banking Information Source (ProQuest)
- This database enables you to search essential banking industry publications for information about the financial services industry and banking and industry trends. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Biology Journals (ProQuest)
- This database provides access to a wide range of biology topics including some of the most popular information resources for users in academic, government and public research environments. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Biomes and Ecosystems (Salem Press) (in-library and home access)
- Illustrates the biology, geography, history and ecological importance of biomes and ecosystems around the world.
- Canadian Newsstand (ProQuest)
- This database offers unparalleled access to the full text of over 190 Canadian newspapers from Canada's leading publishers. This full text database includes the complete available electronic backfile for most newspapers, providing full access to the articles, columns, editorials and features published in each. Arkansas Traveler database.
- CBCA: Canadian Business & Current Affairs Complete (ProQuest)
- This database, with 600 full text titles, is the most comprehensive Canadian reference collection available today. Accessible to readers and researchers at every level, CBCA Complete features a highly-respected, diversified mix of publications, including scholarly journals, trade publications, dissertations, books, newspapers and magazines. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Career & Technical Education (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Career & Technical Education is the definitive source for vocational information. The database includes nearly 600 titles, with more than 500 available in full text for quick access to research on virtually any technical topic. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Chemical and Biological Warfare: A Reference Handbook (in-library and home access)
- This ABC-CLIO online reference book surveys the fundamentals, policies, and strategies of chemical and biological warfare from 1915 to the present.
- Chemical Compounds (in-library and home access)
- This eBook defines what a chemical compound is, how elements combine to form compounds, and an A-Z list of compounds and their characteristics. Part of the Gale Virtual Reference Library.
- Computing (ProQuest)
- This database is a premium resource for those who need access to comprehensive coverage of computer topics. The database includes numerous titles, most of them in full text, allowing users to search records dating back to the early 1990's. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Criminal Justice (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Criminal Justice is a comprehensive database supporting research on crime, its causes and impacts, legal and social implications, as well as litigation and crime trends. As well as U.S. and international scholarly journals, it includes correctional and law enforcement trade publications, crime reports, crime blogs and other material relevant for researchers or those preparing for careers in criminal justice, law enforcement and related fields. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Critical Survey of Long Fiction(in-library and home access)
- Provides students and general readers with in-depth profiles of major authors in long fiction.
- CultureGrams Kids
- Get a kids-eye view of daily life in countries around the world. Arkansas Traveler database.
- CultureGrams Provinces
- Tour all the Canadian provinces in 13 image-filled reports. Arkansas Traveler database.
- CultureGrams State Edition
- Explore all the U.S. states in colorful, engaging reports. Arkansas Traveler database.
- CultureGrams World Edition
- Experience the world through detailed cultural information on more than 200 countries. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Education Journals (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Education Journals gives users access to over 900 top educational publications, including more than 600 of the titles in full text. The coverage spans the literature on primary, secondary and higher education as well as special education, home schooling and adult education. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Entrepreneurship (ProQuest)
- This database bridges theory with practice, covering a wide spectrum of resources useful to educators, researchers, students and practitioners. Content ranges from the scholarly - including journals, dissertations, working papers and conference proceedings - to a full toolkit of practical guides, templates, forms, sample business plans and tips from successful entrepreneur in a wide range of formats - from video to downloadable Word and Excel files, as well as traditional text and PDFs.Arkansas Traveler database.
- Environmental Science Collection (ProQuest)
- This collection contains environmental science related full-text articles, granular access to figures and tables within articles, environmental impact statements, and the entire range of bibliographic records from Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management (ESPM). ESPM provides unparalleled and comprehensive coverage of the environmental sciences drawn from over 10,000 serials including scientific journals, conference proceedings, reports, monographs, books and government publications.Arkansas Traveler database.
- ERIC (ProQuest)
- This database is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education to provide extensive access to education-related literature. ERIC provides coverage of journal articles, conferences, meetings, government documents, theses, dissertations, reports, audiovisual media, bibliographies, directories, books and monographs. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Ethnic News Watch (ProQuest)
- Ethnic NewsWatch includes current journals, magazines, and newspapers from ethnic and independent presses. Content covers 1990-present, with specialized coverage of the following ethnic categories: African American/Caribbean/African; Arab/Middle Eastern; Asian/Pacific Islander; European/Eastern European; Hispanic; Jewish; Native People. It is updated daily with new content and contains over 2 million full text articles. Arkansas Traveler database.
- European Business (ProQuest)
- This database contains the latest European business and financial information. Includes quality resources such as The Economist, Fortune and European Business Journal. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Extremist Groups: Information for Students (in-library and home access)
- Provides an overview and history of 150 extremist organizations worldwide that are active today.
- Family Health (ProQuest)
- This database includes journals and magazines covering an enormous range of health subjects, from sports injuries to women's health, from food and nutrition to midwifery, from eye care to dentistry. Arkansas Traveler database.
- The Fifty States (Salem Press) (in-library and home access)
- This volume is designed to serve the needs of those seeking basic information on individual states and the District of Columbia. Each chapter opens with a profile listing of key facts on population, geography, history and other points of interest. This section is followed by a brief state history, state timeline, and notes for further study.
- Freegal (in-library and home access)
- Download up to three MP3 songs from your favorite artists each week, absolutely free with a valid Springdale Public Library card! Choose from over a million DRM-free songs that are yours to keep. Songs can be played using any software capable of playing MP3 files, including iTunes and Windows Media Player. Songs can also be burned to CDs, transferred to mobile devices, or downloaded directly to a smart phone or tablet with Freegal's free mobile app. Visit the link above for details!
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (in-library and home access)
- Provides access Gale eBooks owned by SPL.
- Great Lives from History: Notorious Lives (Salem Press) (in-library and home access)
- Biographies of more than 600 notorious historical figures - some controversial, some entirely infamous - and information on their impact on the world.
- Health & Medical Complete (ProQuest)
- This database offers reliable, comprehensive journal coverage of clinical and biomedical topics, consumer health, health administration and more.Arkansas Traveler database.
- Health Management (ProQuest)
- This database is a collection of reliable and relevant resources in the field of health administration, including journals and dissertations. Arkansas Traveler database.
- HeritageQuest (in-library access)
HeritageQuest (home access)
- A comprehensive treasury of American genealogical sources - rich in unique primary sources, local and family histories, and finding aids.
- History In Context: U.S. (in-library and home access)
- Provides a complete overview of U.S. history covering the most-studied events, issues and current information. Includes primary sources and journal articles.
- History In Context: World (in-library and home access)
- Combines a comprehensive and unique global collection of resources with easy-to-use searching for undergraduate and high school research and curriculums.
- Hoover's Company Capsules & Profiles (ProQuest)
- This database contains proprietary information about more than 40,000 public and non-public companies and 225,000 key executives. Hoover's, widely recognized as a leader in company data, delivers in depth industry analyses, information on a company's location, summary financials, top competitors, top officers and more. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Kids Search (in-library and home access)
- For grades K-5. Includes magazine articles, primary documents, photos, flags, and reference book articles.
- Learning Express Library (in-library and home access)
- LearningExpress Library is an interactive online learning platform featuring over 770 practice tests, tutorials, and eBooks related to job search and workplace skills improvement, career certification and licensing exam preparation, college entrance and graduate school admissions exam preparation, GED exam preparation, and basic skills improvement in reading, writing, and math, for all ages. You'll get immediate scoring, complete answer explanations, and an individualized analysis of your results. Patrons will need to use their library card number for their user name.
- LISA: Library and Information Science Abstracts (ProQuest)
- This database currently abstracts and indexes over 440 periodicals from more than 68 countries and in more than 20 different languages. Subject coverage includes all aspects of librarianship, library users, information retrieval and more. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Little Pim Language Learning for Children (Ages 0-6) (in-library access)
Little Pim Language Learning for Children (Ages 0-6) (home access)
- Language learning for children ages 0-6 from Mango Languages.
- Mango Languages (in-library and home access)
- This online language-learning system teaches actual conversation skills for 12 different languages. It's so easy you'll see incredible results after just one lesson.
- Masterplots (Salem Press) (in-library and home access)
- A classic reference work for more than sixty years, Masterplots analyzes the most important works in all genres—long fiction, short fiction, poetry, drama, and nonfiction—throughout history and around the world, helping to define and critique the literary canon.
- Medline (ProQuest)
- MEDLINE is a bibliographic database produced by the U.S. National Library of Medicine. The database contains millions of citations, derived from thousands of biomedical and life science journals, and indexed with Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) from the NLM controlled vocabulary. Extending back to 1946, annual input now exceeds 700,000 citations. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Military Collection (ProQuest)
- This database covers topics across all government and military branches, including international relations, political science, criminology, defense, aeronautics and space flight, communications, civil engineering and more. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Newsstand (ProQuest)
- This database's detailed indexing helps users quickly find the news information they need. Each issue of each newspaper is indexed thoroughly, so researchers have access to not only top news stories but also the information contained on the various sections of the papers. The indexing covers not only complete bibliographic information but also companies, people, products, etc. Arkansas Traveler database.
- NoveList Plus (in-library and home access)
- Search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
- NoveList K-8 Plus (in-library and home access)
- Designed especially for elementary and middle school students, NoveList K-8 Plus is an online database with fiction and nonfiction titles chosen specifically to support the school curriculum as well as the pleasure reading needs of students.
- Nursing & Allied Health Source (ProQuest)
- This database offers reliable, comprehensive coverage of the fields of nursing and allied health including journals, video, dissertations, reference books and more. Arkansas Traveler database.
- OneClickDigital Downloadable Audiobooks (in-library and home access)
- OneClickDigital provides free downloadable audiobooks for checkout to Washington County Library System cardholders. Choose from classics and popular favorites, including the top 200 audiobooks from Recorded Books, LLC.
- Ox Research (ProQuest)
- This database provides succinct analytical articles covering world and regional economic and political developments of major significance. It evaluates issues and events within a coherent political, social and economic framework. Additionally, it contains objective, multi-disciplinary articles compiled by an extensive international network of over 1,000 faculty members at Oxford and other leading universities around the world, as well as think-tanks and institutes of international standing. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Pharmaceutical News Index (ProQuest)
- Pharmaceutical News Index gives researchers access to the latest information on medical technology, research, and legislative developments. The database contains bibliographic information and indexing for 22 key U.S. and international pharmaceutical, healthcare, biotechnology, medical device, and cosmetic industry newsletters. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Political Science (ProQuest)
- This database gives users access to hundreds of leading political science and international relations journals, providing full-text of many core titles indexed in Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. In addition, over a thousand recent full-text doctoral dissertations on political science topics are included, together with working papers, conference proceedings, country profiles, political news and other sources. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Pronunciator is a fun and free way to learn any of 80 languages. Learn online, and get the app for your mobile device! Arkansas Traveler database.
- ProQuest Central
- This database serves as the central resource for researchers at all levels. Covering more than 160 subject areas, ProQuest Central is the largest aggregated database of periodical content. This award-winning online reference resource features a highly-respected, diversified mix of content including scholarly journals, trade publications, magazines, books, newspapers, reports and videos. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Psychology Journals (ProQuest)
- This database provides abstracts and indexing for more than 640 titles, with over 540 titles available in full text. Many titles are indexed in PsycINFO. Coverage ranges from behavioral, clinical, cognitive, developmental, experimental, industrial and social psychology, along with personality, psychobiology and psychometrics. Arkansas Traveler database.
Reference USA (in-library and home access)
- ReferenceUSA is the leading provider in business and consumer research. Its databases provide access to more than 20 million businesses and 222 million consumers, making market research easy and fast.
- Religion (ProQuest)
- This database provides a wide range of primarily full-text, international periodicals for diverse religious and spiritual studies, covering formal theological studies of major religions, as well as the most recent trends and scholarly thought. Included are titles from religious publishing bodies and nondenominational organizations. The resource reflects a wide spectrum of religious belief systems and supports the global study of religion. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Research Companion (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Research Companion is ProQuest’s flagship information literacy product. It was built to help students do more effective scholarly research and to support educators as they teach the core information literacy principles of finding, evaluating, and using information. More than 80 short videos are organized into nine Learning Modules that answer questions like "How do I choose a topic?" "Where do I find information?" and "How do I evaluate sources?" Different kinds of "pre" and "post" assessment questions make the viewing experience more interactive, while allowing educators to measure students’ learning and identify gaps in their understanding. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Research Library (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Research Library provides one-stop access to thousands of full-text periodicals from one of the broadest, most inclusive general reference databases ProQuest has to offer. Search from a highly-respected, diversified mix of scholarly journals, professional and trade publications, and magazines covering over 150 subjects and topics. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Science Journals (ProQuest)
- This database is a definitive resource for students studying both the applied and general sciences. With coverage dating back to 1986, ProQuest Science Journals features over 1030 titles, with more than 760 available in full text. Search over 2.7M records, dating back to the mid 1980s. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Snapshots (ProQuest)
- This database offers top-line international market research overviews focusing on 40+ industries in more than 40 countries worldwide, including regional summaries. It provides market size, share, forecasts and segments. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Social Science Journals (ProQuest)
- This database offers indexing and full text for hundreds of academic journals, providing extensive coverage across a wide range of social science disciplines including anthropology, criminology, economics, education, political science, psychology, social work and sociology. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Sociology (ProQuest)
- This database covers the international literature of sociology and social work, including culture and social structure, history and theory of sociology, social psychology, substance abuse and addiction and more. This collection provides full-text coverage of many core titles included in Sociological Abstracts and Social Services Abstracts. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Survey of American Industry and Careers (Salem Press) (in-library and home access)
- Provides comprehensive information about 112 North American industries and related careers.
- Telecommunication Research Library (ProQuest)
- This database is an essential resource for anyone researching the industry or its technology. Whether you’re looking for the latest news on WAP technology, following market penetration of new technologies, or gathering information about the key players in this field, ProQuest Telecommunications helps you stay one step ahead. The database includes over 140 titles, with more than 115 available in full text. Search more than 600,000 records, dating back to the early 1990's. Arkansas Traveler database.
- TumbleBook: E-books for E-Kids (in-library and home access)
- Provides online story books, chapter books, puzzles and games, and language learning.
- UXL Graphic Novelists (in-library and home access)
- Graphic novels -- novels merging pictures and rich language to create a unique experience of literature and art -- are enjoying a renewed popularity, especially with students and young adults. U*X*L's Graphic Novelists introduces researchers to the authors and illustrators behind these works, taking care to define and explore the distinction between comic books and graphic novels.
- Value Line (in-library access)
- Value Line (home access)
- Value Line is a complete, multidimensional investment management solution that enables both new and experienced investors to make timely, better-informed decisions. It provides a wealth of in-depth financial information, intelligently presented both in print and online, plus objective research, insightful commentary, proven price projections, and advanced analytical tools.
- Vocational & Career Collection (in-library and home access)
- This database is designed for vocational and technical libaries servicing high schools, community colleges, trade institutions and the general public. This collection provides full text coverage for 340 trade and industry-related periodicals. Arkansas Traveler database.
- World Book Advanced (in-library and home access)
- World Book Advanced includes the entire World Book Encyclopedia, an atlas, a dictionary, and local and country research guides, along with thousands of ebooks and primary sources designed for high school and college students. Arkansas Traveler database.
- World Book Online for Kids: (in-library and home access)
- World Book Online for Kids offers easy-to-read articles and engaging multimedia, games, science projects, interactive tools, and activities designed specifically for young library patrons. Arkansas Traveler database.
- World Book Kids (in-library and home access)
- World Book Kids, developed especially for young public library patrons, offers easy-to-read articles and engaging multimedia, games, science projects, interactive tools, and activities. Arkansas Traveler database.
- World Book Info Finder (in-library and home access)
- World Book Info Finder includes content and features designed for school-aged patrons’ homework and research needs. Based on the World Book Encyclopedia, the site features rich collections of multimedia on a variety of topics, science fair projects; a Biography Center; links to world newspapers, correlations to curriculum standards, 21st century research guides, and much more. Arkansas Traveler database.
- World Book Student (in-library and home access)
- World Book Student includes the articles of the World Book Encyclopedia, a Biography Center, dictionary, atlas, an extensive multimedia collection, thousands of editor-selected Web sites, correlations to curriculum standards, and much more. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Zinio Digital Magazines (in-library and home access)
- Download popular magazines to your computer or mobile device for free with a valid Washington County Library System library card! Create a free account with your library card, email address and a password of your choosing to gain access to the Library's collection of digital magazines. Then, create a free Zinio account to start downloading and enjoying.