- ERIC (in-library and home access)
- ERIC, the Education Resource Information Center, contains more than 1,300,000 records and links to more than 317,000 full-text documents dating back to 1966. Designed for educators, the Professional Development Collection database provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 520 high quality education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles. This database also contains more than 200 educational reports.
- Professional Development Collection (in-library and home access)
- Provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 520 high quality education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles. This database also contains more than 200 educational reports.
- Teacher Reference Center (in-library and home access)
- Provides indexing and abstracts for 280 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
- Learning Express Library
(in-library and home access)
- An interactive, online program that allows users to take practice tests and online courses
such as the GED test, civil service tests, college entrance exams, and more. Patrons will need to use their library card
number for their user name.
- Arkansas Department of Education
- Provide links to information for administrators, students, teachers, and parents. Includes information on testing, schools, and employment opportunities.
- ERIC (Education Resources Information Center)
- ERIC provides free access to more than 1.2 million bibliographic records of journal articles and other education-related materials and, if available, includes links to full text. ERIC is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Education Sciences (IES).
- U.S. Department of Education
- Featured information for students, parents, teachers and administrators.
- Arkansas Department of Career Education
- Information on adult education, GED, ESL, apprenticeships, careers
- Northwest Technical Institute Adult Education
- Provides free instruction to all adults, age 18 and older, who wish to improve their academic skills, obtain an Arkansas high school diploma, learn English, or study for citizenship.
- Springdale Area Schools
- Area Schools, Northwest Arkansas Colleges (links to the Springdale Public Library's Our Community section).
- Campus Tours
- Search by state for colleges and universities and link to web sites, campus tours, videos and maps. Concise factual data included.
- This site contains excellent information about colleges, universities, private schools and other academic programs, as well as tools to help select a school, prepare for a standardized test, obtain financial aid, and more.
- Educator's Reference Desk
- From the Information Institute of Syracuse, this site provides access to over 2000 lesson plans, 3000 links to online education web sites, and a question and answer archive.
- Peterson's Planner
- Let Peterson's Planner help you plan for K-12 schools and summer programs, college, graduate school and continuing education.
- These easy-to-navigate K-12 resources are grade-specific and are aligned with state standards.
- National Center for Education Statistics
- Look here for statistics on all aspects of education from early childhood to postsecondary education.
- National Home Education Network
- This site addresses questions about homeschooling, provides information on legal issues, has a resource directory, and provides networking for homeschoolers.
- Resources for practice, play, projects and reports. Search for a specific topic, or choose from recommended activities, maps, games, reading lists and homework help.
Last updated March 18, 2015