- Education Journals (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Education Journals gives users access to over 900 top educational publications, including more than 600 of the titles in full text. The coverage spans the literature on primary, secondary and higher education as well as special education, home schooling and adult education. Arkansas Traveler database.
- ERIC (ProQuest)
- This database is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education to provide extensive access to education-related literature. ERIC provides coverage of journal articles, conferences, meetings, government documents, theses, dissertations, reports, audiovisual media, bibliographies, directories, books and monographs. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Learning Express Library
(in-library and home access)
- An interactive, online program that allows users to take practice tests and online courses
such as the GED test, civil service tests, college entrance exams, and more. Patrons will need to use their library card
number for their user name.
- Research Companion (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Research Companion is ProQuest’s flagship information literacy product. It was built to help students do more effective scholarly research and to support educators as they teach the core information literacy principles of finding, evaluating, and using information. More than 80 short videos are organized into nine Learning Modules that answer questions like "How do I choose a topic?" "Where do I find information?" and "How do I evaluate sources?" Different kinds of "pre" and "post" assessment questions make the viewing experience more interactive, while allowing educators to measure students’ learning and identify gaps in their understanding. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Arkansas Department of Education
- Provide links to information for administrators, students, teachers, and parents. Includes information on testing, schools, and employment opportunities.
- ERIC (Education Resources Information Center)
- ERIC provides free access to more than 1.2 million bibliographic records of journal articles and other education-related materials and, if available, includes links to full text. ERIC is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Education Sciences (IES).
- U.S. Department of Education
- Featured information for students, parents, teachers and administrators.
- Arkansas Department of Career Education
- Information on adult education, GED, ESL, apprenticeships, careers
- Northwest Technical Institute Adult Education
- Provides free instruction to all adults, age 18 and older, who wish to improve their academic skills, obtain an Arkansas high school diploma, learn English, or study for citizenship.
- Springdale Area Schools
- Area Schools, Northwest Arkansas Colleges (links to the Springdale Public Library's Our Community section).
- Campus Tours
- Search by state for colleges and universities and link to web sites, campus tours, videos and maps. Concise factual data included.
- This site contains excellent information about colleges, universities, private schools and other academic programs, as well as tools to help select a school, prepare for a standardized test, obtain financial aid, and more.
- Educator's Reference Desk
- From the Information Institute of Syracuse, this site provides access to over 2000 lesson plans, 3000 links to online education web sites, and a question and answer archive.
- Peterson's Planner
- Let Peterson's Planner help you plan for K-12 schools and summer programs, college, graduate school and continuing education.
- These easy-to-navigate K-12 resources are grade-specific and are aligned with state standards.
- National Center for Education Statistics
- Look here for statistics on all aspects of education from early childhood to postsecondary education.
- National Home Education Network
- This site addresses questions about homeschooling, provides information on legal issues, has a resource directory, and provides networking for homeschoolers.
- Resources for practice, play, projects and reports. Search for a specific topic, or choose from recommended activities, maps, games, reading lists and homework help.
Last updated September 17, 2015