- Career Information Center (in-library and home access)
- This eBook has 694 job profiles. Profiles include work characteristics, training and education, career outlook, salary, advancement. Vol. 13 focuses on trends. Print copy also available in the library. Part of the Gale Virtual Reference Library.
- Survey of American Industry and Careers (Salem Press) (in-library and home access)
- Provides comprehensive information about 112 North American industries and related careers.
- Vocational & Career Collection (in-library and home access)
- This database is designed for vocational and technical libaries servicing high schools, community colleges, trade institutions and the general public. This collection provides full text coverage for 340 trade and industry-related periodicals.
These sites feature information on career options, job search strategies, job listings, resume, cover letter, and interviewing tips, salary and negotiation tools, and resources for relocation and moving.
- Site includes job search, employment tips, hiring tips for employers and job seeking news articles.
- Online supplement for the book 'What Color is Your Parachute? A Practice Manual for Job Hunters and Career Changers' by Richard Bolles.
- The Riley Guide
- One of the oldest career and job search guide on the internet, this site includes extensive resources for career research and exploration as well as job searching.
- Arkansas JobLink
- Job listings and job seeker resources from the Arkansas Dept of Workforce Services.
- Discover Arkansas
- "The source for labor market information for the state" from the Arkansas Department of Workforce Services, this site serves employers, jobseekers, and researchers.
- O*NET Online
- Occupation and skill exploration site developed for the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Provides occupational descriptions, working conditions, training and qualifications, statistics, etc.
- Real-Life Arkansas
- A "lifestyle budget calculator" for career planning lets the user select a city in Arkansas, develop a realistic budget to live in the area, and find a career that will match your budget. Or explore after-tax earnings by career area, and browse occupations by salary, interest area, and educational level.
- Search jobs from hundreds of websites at this site.
- Find jobs by location or category.
- Arkansas Government Jobs
- Site to find jobs with the State of Arkansas.
- Arkansas JobLink
- A federally-funded site that provides job listings in Arkansas.
- The Wall Street Journal career and job site.
- A clearinghouse of information, resources and jobs available in public sector organizations in America and abroad.
- A job search engine that includes resources for resumes and interviews.
- JobCentral National Labor Exchange
- Search for jobs, create a resume, or use the cost of living calculator. A service of DirectEmployers Association, a consortium of leading U.S. corporations.
- Provides a full array of job seeking, career management, recruitment and talent management products and services.
- NationJob Network - Arkansas jobs
- A job search engine offering job opening in Arkansas.
- Website for the bi-weekly free jobs magazine distributed in Northwestern and Western Arkansas, Southwest Missouri, and Eastern Oklahoma.
- Official jobs site of the United States Federal Government.
BankRate.com Cost of Living Calculator
- Compare cost of living indicators in U.S. cities.
- This site offers free employee self-service tools for paycheck management. Paycheck calculators determine "take-home" pay under a variety of circumstances. Free advanced calculators (registration required) include 401(k), bonus, tip tax, and others.