- CLCD (in-library and home access)
- This is a single source/single search resource for librarians, teachers, parents and students from PreK through grade 12 and for Children’s Literature classes at the academic level. Users have access to over 2.5 million titles, non-fiction & fiction for PreK-12 grades with 42 quality professional review sources.
- eLibrary Curriculum Edition
- General reference collections of periodical and digital media content designed specifically for K-12 schools and libraries of all kinds, as well as two distinct subject-based collections: ProQuest® Learning: Literature and History Study Center™.This collection of periodical and digital media content, covering a wide range of subjects including business, education, general interest, health, language arts, sciences, social sciences, and many other curriculum-specific subject areas. Arkansas Traveler database.
- The Fifty States (Salem Press) (in-library and home access)
This volume is designed to serve the needs of those seeking basic information on individual states and the District of Columbia. Each chapter opens with a profile listing of key facts on population, geography, history and other points of interest. This section is followed by a brief state history, state timeline, and notes for further study.
- LISA: Library and Information Science Abstracts(ProQuest)
- This database currently abstracts and indexes over 440 periodicals from more than 68 countries and in more than 20 different languages. Subject coverage includes all aspects of librarianship, library users, information retrieval and more. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Masterplots (Salem Press) (in-library and home access)
- A classic reference work for more than sixty years, Masterplots analyzes the most important works in all genres—long fiction, short fiction, poetry, drama, and nonfiction—throughout history and around the world, helping to define and critique the literary canon.
- ProQuest Central
- This database serves as the central resource for researchers at all levels. Covering more than 160 subject areas, ProQuest Central is the largest aggregated database of periodical content. This award-winning online reference resource features a highly-respected, diversified mix of content including scholarly journals, trade publications, magazines, books, newspapers, reports and videos. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Research Companion (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Research Companion is ProQuest’s flagship information literacy product. It was built to help students do more effective scholarly research and to support educators as they teach the core information literacy principles of finding, evaluating, and using information. More than 80 short videos are organized into nine Learning Modules that answer questions like "How do I choose a topic?" "Where do I find information?" and "How do I evaluate sources?" Different kinds of "pre" and "post" assessment questions make the viewing experience more interactive, while allowing educators to measure students’ learning and identify gaps in their understanding. Arkansas Traveler database.
- Research Library (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Research Library provides one-stop access to thousands of full-text periodicals from one of the broadest, most inclusive general reference databases ProQuest has to offer. Search from a highly-respected, diversified mix of scholarly journals, professional and trade publications, and magazines covering over 150 subjects and topics. Arkansas Traveler database.
- World Book Advanced (in-library and home access)
World Book Advanced includes the entire World Book Encyclopedia, an atlas, a dictionary, and local and country research guides, along with thousands of ebooks and primary sources designed for high school and college students.
- Crash Course in Copyright
- This guide from the University of Texas provides comprehensive coverage of copyright law.
- Gethuman database
- "Cheat sheet" to get to a human rather than an automated list of options for over 200 companies.
- How Stuff Works
- From electronics to money to travel, find out how something works. Includes comparative pricing information for many products.
- Ready reference information under the following categories: World & News, United States, History & Government., Biography, Sports, Arts & Entertainment, Business, Society & Culture, Health & Science, and Homework Center. Also a good place to find seasonal information and timelines
- Internet Public Library
- A gateway site to evaluated authoritative information on the web. Organized by topic and keyword searchable
- A free resource from Hekman Library of Calvin College that formats bibliographic citations - both print and non-print.
- Library Spot
- This is a well organized online ready reference desk. Links to directories, dictionaries, encyclopedias, government, genealogy, historic documents and more. A one stop reference site.
- Online! Citation Styles
- Based on the book Online! A reference guide to using internet sources, this is a quick and easy way to find examples of how to cite online sources MLA, APA, CBE, and Chicago Style.
- Search the full text of standard reference sources including Bartlett's Quotations, the American Heritage Dictionary, Roget's Thesaurus and the Harvard Classics and Shelf of Fiction
- A handy ready reference site with a focus on current events, including current gas prices and up-to-date news and weather.
- Resources for Economists on the Internet
- Sponsored by the American Economic Association. Links to dictionaries, glossaries, conferences, associations.
- Find time, date, and national holidays for cities and countries around the world. Includes calendars for any year, date calculators, sun and moon calculators, etc.
- Dictionary for computer and internet terminology
- Vital Records
- Search by state for information on where to write for birth, death, marriage or divorce records.
- Your Dictionary.com
- Links to dictionaries in 133 separate topic areas.
Last updated May 24, 2016