- Chemical Compounds (in-library and home access)
- This eBook defines what a chemical compound is, how elements combine to form compounds, and an A-Z list of compounds and their characteristics. Part of the Gale Virtual Reference Library
- GreenFILE (in-library and home access)
- Offers well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Its collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more. The database provides indexing and abstracts for more than 384,000 records, as well as Open Access full text for more than 4,700 records.
- Classification of Living Things
- An introduction to the principles of taxonomy with a focus on human classification categories.
- Earthtrends: Environmental Information
- From the World Resources Institute, find maps and country profiles for environmental change
- How Products are Made
- This is the electronic counterpart of the 7 volume set How Products are Made published by Thomson Gale. Entries include history, manufacturing process, materials used, how the item works and a brief bibliography.
- How Stuff Works
- From electronics to money to travel, find out how something works. Includes comparative pricing information for many products.
- Photographic Periodic Table of Elements
- A guide to physics on the Web.
- Plant Database
- Search by common or scientific name. Distribution, photos, classification
- Rainbow of Gems
- A listing of minerals and gemstones with descriptions.
- Science Daily
- News and articles in science, health, and the environment.
- Gateway site to authoritative selected scientific information from U.S. agencies
- Scirus is a specialty search engine for science. Sources searched include web sites, reports, and journal entries.
- The Why Files - The Science Behind the News
- The science behind the news.
- Use this online help site to solve math problems
Last updated June 11, 2013