What Do I Read Next?
- Critical Survey of Long Fiction (in-library and home access)
- Provides students and general readers with in-depth profiles of major authors in long fiction.
- NoveList Plus (in-library and home access)
- Search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and also retrieve author read-alikes, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
- TumbleBook Cloud (in-library and home access)
- TBC is a collection of videos and chapter books in categories which include: Ebooks (Shakespeare, poetry, non-fiction, science, history, geography, etc.), Read-Alongs, Graphic Novels, Videos (from National Geographic!), and Audio Books.
- UXL Graphic Novelists (in-library and home access)
- Graphic novels -- novels merging pictures and rich language to create a unique experience of literature and art -- are enjoying a renewed popularity, especially with students and young adults. U*X*L's Graphic Novelists introduces researchers to the authors and illustrators behind these works, taking care to define and explore the distinction between comic books and graphic novels.
- Massive database of reviews for movies, DVDs, music, games, and television shows. The site compares multiple critics’ reviews and provides average scores. Similar to Rottentomatoes.com.
- Book reviews searchable by genre, title, or author. Reviews are generally concise, but the lists are comprehensive.
- Book Finder
- Compare prices on over 100 million books, including used, out of print, international, and rare titles.
- Book Spot
- Reviews, awards, first chapters, reading lists, comparative shopping, and more. A one stop site for book lovers.
- Book Wire
- Reviews, author biographies, insider information on the publishing industry, and more.
- Comic Book Resources
- Critiques and previews of current and upcoming comic books. Site also includes editorial columns, blogs, and public forums.
- Critiques and previews of current and upcoming comic books, interviews with artists and authors, public forums, and newsletters.
- Project Gutenberg
- This website contains about 30,000 ebooks whose copyrights have expired, and which are free to download.
- The Grand Comic Book Database Project
- This site aims to index every comic book, graphic novel, and collected edition ever published, and provides an invaluable resource to the collector and/or researcher.
- Movie reviews searchable by genre or title, with a separate section for current releases.
- Internet Movie Database
- Search the most popular movie database on the web by title, director, actor, character name, production company, or release date for plot synopses, user comments, external reviews, trivia, and detailed production information.
- Local Movie Listings for the Springdale/Fayetteville area
- Movie Review Query Engine
- Movie reviews, listings, and release dates, plus best-of lists from organizations like AFI and festival listings.
- Rotten Tomatoes
- An excellent source for movie reviews.
- All Record Labels
- Links to records labels from around the world, sorted by format, genre, country, state, etc. There are literally hundreds of genres listed, with label information for each.
- Search by artist, album, or song name, and browse reviews, interviews, biographies, discographies, and recommendations.
- Comprehensive nationwide listings for live music, searchable by venue, city, state, artist, and date. This site has very comprehensive listings for Arkansas, including small venues.
- Music Publishers Association
- Homepage of the Music Publishers Association of the United States. Features information about music copyrights, especially out of print music.
- Music Stack
- Buy and sell used CDs, out of print music, vinyl, and hard to find music by searching thousands of record stores.
- Musical Instrument Makers Forum
- Public forum for musical instrument makers and technicians, as well as those with questions about instrument repair. The site offers forums for all categories of instruments, as well as a directory of links for instrument repair providers and instructions.
- Pitchfork Media
- A searchable music review and news site.
- Record Label Resource
- Information on starting your own independent record label or self-releasing music. Contains legal information, business tips, promotional advice, and links to materials manufacturers, touring agencies, and performance venues. The list of links is exhaustive and contains links to companies from all over the country.
- An online lyrics database, searchable by artist, album, song name, or phrase.
- This site offers advice and strategies for finding legal music downloading sites.
- Local, regional, and signed bands all use this site as a promotional tool. All bands offer free downloads.
Last updated November 28, 2016