Want to learn how to sew? Find reliable information on current topics? Workshop your writing? The library has a program for you!
Upcoming Events for Adults
October 15 | 12 00 PM
October 15 | 7 00 PM
October 19 | 2 00 PM
October 26 | 10 00 AM
October 26 | 2 00 PM
November 09 | 2 00 PM
Skill or Subject Classes
Springdale Author Academy
Join writers of all genres on the first Thursday of the month as we focus on different elements of the craft of creative writing. Together we will work on exercises and find resources to improve your skills and learn more about the art of writing!
- September 10 – Submitting to Publishers
- October 8 – Looking for an Agent
- November 12 – Self-Publishing Options
Sew Simple Sewing Class
Saturdays, 2:00 pm
Learn to sew with professional instructors and the Library’s sewing machines! Participants will complete a project and learn fundamental skills along the way. Registration is required. To register, click here or call 479-750-8180.
To register, please click here or call the Library at 479-750-8180.
- September 14: Zippered Pouch
- September 28: Fall Placemats
- October 12: Microwave Bowl Cozy
- October 26: Reversible Holiday Throw Pillow Cover
- November 9: Drawstring Bags
- November 23: Stuffed Holiday Trees
Saturdays, 10 am
Join expert instructors to learn foundational quilting skills. Each session, learners will complete one quilt block. If you’d like to work toward a completed quilt, please purchase your own fabric. Otherwise, the Library will provide supplies for each class, but cannot guarantee the availability of patterns or colors. Registration is required as class size is limited, and opens two weeks before each session. Please register here to reserve your spot!
- September 28: Log Cabin Block
- October 26: Pinwheel Block
- November 23: Pine Tree Block
Saturdays, 2 pm
Want to be more creative and crafty? Library staff will show participants how to access Creativebug on your mobile device or a computer, how to navigate the platform, associated library materials, and more! Registration for each class is required. Please register to reserve your spot!
- September 21: Watercolors
- October 19: Cricut & Papercraft
- November 16: Cookie Decorating