The Springdale Public Library has several notaries on staff who will notarize documents at no charge. Please call 479-750-8180 to verify when a notary is available.
Notary Service Guidelines
In accordance with Arkansas state law, please be aware of the following guidelines for notary service:
- Notaries are not licensed attorneys and cannot engage in the practice of law. They are not representatives of any governmental agency with authority over immigration or citizenship, and they cannot offer legal advice or other assistance regarding immigration.
- All signers of a notarized document must provide an official photo ID (driver’s license, passport, student identification, consular identification, etc.)
- Documents must be unsigned prior to notarization. Notaries must witness the act of signing and cannot accept a previously signed document.
- All signers must be able to communicate directly with the notary in a language understood by both the notary and the signer(s).
- Notaries cannot offer legal advice or explain the meaning of a document’s contents to the signer.